[Open-education] Sixth Open Education Working Group Call: Meta-Community Session! Tuesday 27 January at 4pm – 5pm GMT

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Mon Jan 12 09:26:38 UTC 2015

A new date for your diaries – our sixth Open Education Working Group
Call: Tuesday 27 January at 4pm – 5pm GMT.

This meeting will be slightly different to previous calls as we will be
having a ‘meta community session’ or ‘open open session’ – an
opportunity for different Open Education groups come along and introduce
themselves. Each person will give a 5 minute pitch on their group, what
it does, who it’s audience is, when it meets (online or offline), it’s
unique selling points etc. We’ll then have a general chat about the
challenges of sustaining an open education community reflecting on areas
including national policy, funding, getting people onboard, bringing in
new members etc.

So far we have representatives from the following groups coming along:

  * OER-discuss
  * P2PU
  * Alt-C open education sig
  * OER-Research Hub
  * Software carpentry
  * Open Policy Network
  * SCORE fellows
  * Wikimedia

Make sure your group is represented!!

All call details are at:
http://education.okfn.org/sixth-open-education-working-group-call-meta-community-session/

You can register to be notified about the call using our google form
<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/forms/d/1h9cA4Yfznj9fRuJgRanOl5RsbSUpND-aYQeqEDf6jsU/viewform>.
All Google hangout links will be released nearer the time.

Thanks

Marieke

--

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |