[Open-education] [LibOER] Open licensing vs Exceptions/Limitations

Pat Lockley (Pgogy) info at pgogywebstuff.com
Wed May 6 17:16:07 UTC 2015

> Two other important things:
>
> 1) Open licenses can be interpreted across country borders, so in
> countries where the laws are not as open as Chile, open licensed work
> is greatly beneficial
>
> 2) Putting machine-readable notices on digital openly licensed content
> makes them more discoverable to those looking specifically for
> openly-licensed material

Second both of these points, with perhaps the example of the British
Library as an example of a similar institution doing the same might also
be persuasive -
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-12/15/british-library

But I'd also add that openness can lead to increase reuse (as I think
the BL has seen)