[Open-education] [OER] Sharing of nice practice how show usage of OER

Vassilis Protonotarios vprot at agroknow.gr
Thu Oct 1 13:55:13 UTC 2015

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for sharing your story; it quickly drew my attention and I was
glad to make it to the end - it is a great, detailed example of how OER
can be applied in specific contexts.

As regards the collection space for such OER success stories, I have to
admit that I am sorry to see them restricted in a mailing list and not
publicly available; based on my previous experience, a multi-author blog
would be ideal for this purpose: The author would describe his/her story
as a blog post (even with basic formatting) and the follow ups (i.e. the

I am sure that a blog could be easily set up in any of the OER advocacy
websites - it is free, requires minimum maintenance and administration
and lets people publicly share their stories (posts) and comments. Most
important? Posts live forever out there, publicly available to anyone
(unless the server goes down); in contrast, such emails in this list are
a well-kept secret for the few who know how to register to it, without
any mean to point external stakeholders to such lovely emails (like
yours) apart from forwarding the email itself.

That's my two cents in this conversation; I hope that you'll consider my
proposal.

Best regards,

Vassilis

/*Vassilis Protonotarios, PhD|* Senior Project Manager /

/*Agro-Know*/

/Email: vprot at agroknow.gr <mailto:vprot at agroknow.gr>/

/Website:www.agroknow.gr <http://www.agroknow.gr>/

/Tel: +30 210 6897 905/

/Address:17 Grammou Str., Vrilissia GR15235, Greece/

Agro-Know is an extraordinary company that captures, organizes and adds
value to the rich information available in agricultural and biodiversity
sciences, in order to make it universally accessible, useful and meaningful.

Check out our blog : blog.agro-know.com <http:/blog.agro-know.com>