[Open-education] [OER] Sharing of nice practice how show usage of OER

Vassilis Protonotarios vprot at aua.gr
Fri Oct 2 08:01:50 UTC 2015

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your prompt response. It is obvious that good practices
regarding openness are common no matter the context and field. I
carefully read both versions of the post (the other one available here:
http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/46159, as kindly shared by
Tamara) and I was mostly happy to see the approach in action; as you may
have noticed I am an avid blogger myself (and I see that the same goes
for you Paul!). I believe that blogs have significantly contributed to
the openness of information no matter the context (e.g. OER, open
access, open data etc.), thanks to them giving a virtual space to
everyone for publishing their news, outcomes and sharing good practices
and use cases (among others). I think I need to check both blogs more
frequently...

I also second the wiki options, but for serving rather different
purposes; we at Agro-Know have extensively used it for announcing and
documenting events, collaborative work on describing workflows &
methodologies (e.g. how to run an event) etc. - the means (tools) are
out there for free and the options are limitless!

Big thanks to everyone for keeping the conversations in this mailing
list alive; despite the fact that I am not an active contributor, I keep
reading and enjoying the conversations and of course help spreading the
word when needed :-)

Best regards,

Vassilis

/*Vassilis Protonotarios, PhD|* Senior Project Manager /

/*Agro-Know*/

/Email: vprot at agroknow.gr/

/Website:www.agroknow.gr <http://www.agroknow.gr>/

/Tel: +30 210 6897 905/

/Address:17 Grammou Str., Vrilissia GR15235, Greece/

Agro-Know is an extraordinary company that captures, organizes and adds
value to the rich information available in agricultural and biodiversity
sciences, in order to make it universally accessible, useful and meaningful.

Check out our blog : blog.agro-know.com <http:/blog.agro-know.com>