[Open-education] Creative Commons: 2016-2020 Strategy

Cable Green cable at creativecommons.org
Tue Jan 26 02:48:44 UTC 2016

Greetings Open Education & Open Policy Friends:

Over the past few weeks Creative Commons (CC) has blogged about our
new 2016-2020
Strategy.
<https://creativecommons.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/CC-Strategy-2016-2020-1.pdf>

   - We need to talk about sharing

   <https://blog.creativecommons.org/2016/01/12/where-are-we/>
   - Towards a vibrant, usable commons

   <https://blog.creativecommons.org/2016/01/14/towards-a-vibrant-usable-commons/>
   - Let’s light up the global commons

   <https://blog.creativecommons.org/2016/01/20/lets-light-up-the-global-commons/>
   - Video: Help us light up our global commons
   <https://creativecommons.org/remix/video/>

Over the next few weeks, CC staff will be writing implementation plans to
align our existing and new work with this updated strategy.  I look forward
to sharing the "Open Education" and "Open Policy" plans with you and
hearing your feedback.

So tell us: What’s your idea <https://creativecommons.org/remix/> to help
CC make the Commons more vibrant and usable, and to foster communities of
collaboration and gratitude?

I look forward to working with you all as we continue to collectively move
open education into the mainstream, and make open licensing policies the
default on publicly funded education resources.

Your friend and colleague,

Cable

--

Cable Green, PhD