[Open-education] US: [OER-advocacy] OER Congressional Briefing - similar event in Brazil, and its history

Paul Bacsich Sero paul.bacsich at sero.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 13:48:50 UTC 2016

Nicole – this is very interesting! In fact Brazil has a track record of this sort.
I dug out from my files some information on what happened at their Congress in 2008 – in those days it was distance education and e-learning

Loosely translated from an email archive at https://www.listas.unicamp.br/pipermail/ead-l/2008-June/072447.html it states:House Committee on Education and Culture of  promotes International Seminars

With the theme "Education in the XXI Century: Success Models" this event
will take place on June 16 2008 with the presence of international authorities
 Sponsored by the Committee on Education and Culture of the House of Representatives,
in partnership with the National Confederation of Commerce System-SESC-SENAC,
with the support of the Brazilian Association of Distance Education (ABED) and Parliamentary Front of Distance Education, the International Seminar on Distance Education will be held on June 16, from 9 am to 18:30 in the Auditorium Nereu Ramos, the Chamber of Deputies in Brasilia.I know, since I was there! The seminar timetable is attached.

I am sure some Brazilian experts can shed more light on this such as Professor Litto who was the organiser.

Paul