[Open-education] [OER] Status of distance education degrees

Monica Masino monica.masino at open.uwi.edu
Thu Jul 27 14:30:08 UTC 2017

Dear Hakikur,

Thank you for your email.  I can speak in terms of the University of the
West Indies Open Campus.  Soon the Open Campus will celebrate its 10th
Anniversary.  http://www.open.uwi.edu/

The Open Campus is supported and recognised by Governments throughout the
English Speaking Caribbean.  We are accredited through the Barbados
Accreditation Council and the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.

We currently offer certificates, diplomas, undergraduate and graduate
degrees.  Specifically, for Undergraduate we offer 4 Associate Degrees, 9
BEds, 20 BScs, 6 Certificates and 6 Diplomas.  For graduate degrees we
offer 2 Doctorates, 2 MA's, 6 MScs, 1 MEd and 6 post graduate diplomas.

We are located across 17 countries with 45 physical sites across the
English Speaking Caribbean. Our Open Campus Country Sites (OCCS) can be
found in the following countries:

Anguilla <http://www.open.uwi.edu/anguilla/>
Antigua & Barbuda
Antigua & Barbuda <http://www.open.uwi.edu/antigua_barbuda/>
The Bahamas <http://www.open.uwi.edu/bahamas/>
Barbados <http://www.open.uwi.edu/barbados/>
Belize <http://www.open.uwi.edu/belize/>
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands <http://www.open.uwi.edu/cayman_islands>
Dominica <http://www.open.uwi.edu/dominica/>
Grenada
Jamaica <http://www.open.uwi.edu/jamaica>
Montserrat <http://www.open.uwi.edu/montserrat/>
St. Kitts and Nevis <http://www.open.uwi.edu/st_kitts_nevis/>
St. Lucia <http://www.open.uwi.edu/st_lucia/>
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
<http://www.open.uwi.edu/st_vincent_grenadines/>
Trinidad & Tobago <http://www.open.uwi.edu/trinidad_tobago/>
Turks & Caicos

This information does not include the offer of distance programmes offered
through the physical campuses of The University of the West Indies located
in Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica and Barbados. Additional distance learning
avenues include the Single Virtual University Space (SVUS) and UWI TV.

I hope this information helps in some way.

Best wishes,

Monica

Dr. Monica Masino
Programme Coordinator, Business Development Unit (BDU)
Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor & Principal
The University of the West Indies Open Campus
Distance Learning Centre, Cave Hill Campus
St. Michael, Barbados

Phone: 246-417-4718
Fax:     246-421-6753
Email:  monica.masino at open.uwi.edu