[Open-education] [OER] Status of distance education degrees

Javiera Atenas jatenasr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:28:24 UTC 2017

Dear Haikikur

How are you collecting this data? do you have an online form?  some
countries do and some not, as for example UNICAF provides distance learning
in Africa and the UTPL in Ecuador is a certified university not only in
this country, as their degrees are recognised across the region.

There is book (in Spanish) about distance learning in south america that
can be a good starting point as every country country has distance learning
programmes fully accredited
http://virtualeduca.org/documentos/observatorio/oevalc_2010_(tendencias).pdf
also, this document from the Organisation of Ibero American States (in
Spanish) showcases the laws and regulations in place in every country
http://www.oei.es/historico/DOCUMENTO2caeu.pdf

Hope this helps, looking forward to reading your results

best wishes

Javiera

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Hakikur Rahman <email at hakik.org> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> May I know about the status of distance education degrees around the
> world. I know that Bangladesh does not recognize degrees under distance
> education and online degrees.
>
> Thanking you,
> Hakikur Rahman

Javiera Atenas, PhD