[Open-education] Jan 22: 10th Anniversary of the Cape Town Declaration - join the celebration

Alek Tarkowski atarkowski at centrumcyfrowe.pl
Fri Jan 19 18:11:28 UTC 2018

Dear all,

On Monday January 22 the Open Education community will celebrate an important anniversary: 10 years since the publication of the Cape Town Open Education Declaration, a global call to action that has helped inspire thousands of open education advocates across the world. The 10 year anniversary was initially marked last year during the World OER Congress with the publication of Ten Directions to Move Open Education Forward. Now is our chance to make the celebration official!

Here are some ways to mark the Cape Town Declaration 10th anniversary on Monday January 22:

Publish a blog post reflecting on the Cape Town Declaration, how far the movement has come, and what you envision for the next 10 years. Read the Ten Directions for inspiration, and be sure to send us your link so we can add it to the CPT+10 collection.

Post on social media on Monday January 22 using the hashtag #CPT10. Attached are social media graphics you can use, and below are some sample posts.

Sign the Cape Town Declaration if you have not already.

Sample social media posts for Monday January 22 (please wait until then to share!):

The Cape Town #OpenEducation Declaration was published 10 years ago today! Here's how we can keep moving open education forward: http://www.capetowndeclaration.org/cpt10/ #CPT10

Today we celebrate 10 years since the Cape Town #OpenEducation Declaration! Thousands of individuals and hundreds of organizations have signed. Have you? http://www.capetowndeclaration.org/sign-the-declaration #CPT10

Happy 10th anniversary to the Cape Town #OpenEducation Declaration! The movement is still going strong, and here's 10 ways we can keep having an impact: http://www.capetowndeclaration.org/cpt10/ #CPT10

Thanks for considering, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. If you decide to write a blog post, that will be much appreciated! And please send us a link, as we’d like to track all the contributions.

Nicole Allen, SPARC
Alek Tarkowski, Centrum Cyfrowe

--
Prezes i Fundator   |   President and Co-Founder
Centrum Cyfrowe   |   centrumcyfrowe.pl