[open-energy] Icons

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Jan 27 13:03:37 GMT 2011

Dear Gregor,

The icons you have pointed to are really nice, but, in order to make
sure that we and others don't have problems reusing or redistributing
the visualisations we produce downstream, it would be good to make
sure that everything we do is open as in opendefinition.org.

Here are some other fully open icon collections:

http://ckan.net/tag/icons

If you need further help looking for these I'd be happy to help look into this.

As an aside I have had a long running interest in creating a large,
beautiful and freely reusable collection of pictograms for use in open
data projects (a bit like Otto Neurath's Isotype Institute did in the
1930s). I'd be very pleased if we now have an excuse to look into
making this! ;-)

All the best,

Jonathan