[open-energy] Update on EU energy data visualisations

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 31 13:48:28 GMT 2011

On 31 January 2011 10:58, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following is a quick progress update on the energy data visualisations
> we're producing.
>
> You can see an alpha version of what we have so far at (please do not
> circulate this link beyond this list for now):
>
>  * http://www.driven-by-data.net/sketch/open-energy/demo.html

Looks very nice and I know this is very alpha :) but you asked:

1. Hover on bubbles should show something (e.g. full country name,
plus perhaps some stats -- don't want to have click to see things)

2. No idea what i'm being shown when i click in (what do 2 big arrows
mean) (though seems if i click on menu items at bottom i get a grid).
  * At the moment there i no title (though one appears if i click on
one of bottom menu items) - may be a bug
  * No grid unless i click (again may be a bug)
  * Is this supposed to be usage 'now' (left bubble) and usage in
future? If so arrow should be *between* bubbles not inside them

3. Make normal back-button work (don't rely on working out that you
need to click the country) (we heard this plenty in wdmmg)

4. On click in to country 'bubble layout' around main 'arrow' bubbles
is frequently wrong with all bubbles bunched together.

5. Total consumption is a bit meaningless. If you will have it don't
make the first option on the 'axis' list.

6. Having main axis list at bottom of the screen is a mistake. That's
where the footer usually is!

[...]

Rufus