[open-geodata] We need more actions in the open geodata movement

Maurizio Napolitano napo at fbk.eu
Tue Jul 19 09:47:45 UTC 2011

When I speak about open data, one of the first things that is taken into
account is the geo data topic.
They are often referred to as "magics", "specials", "importants" ...
Despite this the talks at the OKCon conference about the geo topic were few.
Furthermore, in those few, the google map was present in 90% of cases.

I believe that the geo topic is very important and needs more actions so
we can have more open geo data.
This mailing list might help you grow.

The traffic is very low.
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/open-geodata/

I'm the only one who feels this problem?