[open-heritage] Open art data

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Thu Dec 9 22:31:29 UTC 2010

On 09/12/10 22:05, Mia Ridge wrote:
> On 09/12/2010 21:57, Rob Myers wrote:
>> I'd *really* like to organize an art-centric data event for next year.
>> :-)
> Do you know about Culture Hack Day (Jan 15-16, IIRC) and space time camp
> (probably April)? Both are looking for people to get involved.

I know about Culture Hack Day:

http://culturehackday.org.uk/

and just after that there's the rescheduled Culture Grid Hack Day:

http://www.culturegridhackday.org.uk/

I wasn't aware of space time camp:

http://lanyrd.com/2011/time-and-space-camp/

so thank you for mentioning that!

What I would like to do that is different from the other events is to
concentrate specifically on art rather than broader culture or heritage,
and to do more on digging into art historical / art critical data. The
sort of projects I have in mind are things like:

http://www.ridinghouse.co.uk/publications/33/

http://lab.softwarestudies.com/

http://www.colourlovers.com/blog/2007/06/20/color-inspiration-from-the-masters-of-painting/

- Rob.