[open-heritage] Open data from cultural heritage organisations?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Nov 20 16:53:04 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to:

  (i) any fully open (as in opendefinition.org) datasets from cultural
heritage organisations?
  (ii) any people who are interested in (i)?

Regarding (i), I'd be grateful if anyone could either email links to
this thread or add things to CKAN, e.g. tagged 'culturalheritage' [1].

Regarding (ii), I'd be grateful for any suggestions or introductions
off list, so that I can try and invite people here. (Ian: perhaps
you'd be up for helping me to do this?) E.g. does anyone know folks
from:

http://museum3.org/group/linkeddata
http://museum-api.pbworks.com/

I've just been looking at the Culture Grid data [2], but I'm still not
clear whether there is currently any data available for download in
bulk and whether *anything* there is available under an open license
[3]. If there is anything under an open license, I'd be very
interested in seeing if we can mirror/extract this open segment and
make it available for download in bulk.

[1] http://ckan.net/tag/culturalheritage
[2] http://ckan.net/package/culturegrid
[3] E.g. http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk/copy-stat