[open-heritage] Metadata for PublicDomainWorks.net

Primavera De Filippi primavera.defilippi at okfn.org
Tue Mar 8 01:28:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I write to you on behalf of the Public Domain Working Group. We are
currently working on enhancing and expanding the collection of works
available at www.publicdomainworks.net - a registry of artistic works that
are in the public domain. In order to do that, we need to gain access to a
maximum of information concerning works of different kinds (in particular,
the author, the date of birth and death, the date of publication, etc).
While we already have a proper database for bibliographic works, we
areinterested in getting metadata for as many different kinds of works
as
possible.
We are currently trying to figure out where we can find metadata about works
other than books or other written publications - which is currently provided
by the Bibliographica team.
In particular, I would like to know whether you do already have a collection
of metadata for cultural heritage works and/or who would you suggest we
contact in order to obtain the metadata we are looking for.
Looking forward to your answer,
Primavera