[open-heritage] "more museums put their collections online"

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Thu Mar 8 12:38:54 UTC 2012

http://lab.softwarestudies.com/2012/03/more-museums-put-their-collections.html

"When we started our lab in 2007, we expected that in a few years
massive sets of images of artworks (and other areas of visual culture)
will start become available from major cultural institutions. So we
focused on developing methods and techniques for their analysis (what we
call cultural analytics), while waiting for these collections to become
available. The wait is almost over - these collections are here.
(Unfortunately museum interfaces often tell web visitors how many
"objects" they have in their database, but not how images, so some of
the numbers below are approximate.)"

[I'll add any that aren't there already to The Data Hub. And I must go
and ask BBC about the licensing for YourPaintings...]

- Rob.