[open-heritage] Building the Cultural Commons Meeting Notes & Actions

Maarten Brinkerink mbrinkerink at beeldengeluid.nl
Thu Oct 4 06:40:07 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Thanks again to Sam for the great summary of actions. In this mail I want to update you on one of mine:

>> It's great to see that so much of what was discussed has been taken to the list. Here is a brief summary of action points that we agred would take to this list following the meeting:
>> Maarten Briknerink to gather contributions and ideas of metrics to measure success of open initiatives at cultural heritage insitutions - pad for collecting ideas [4]
>> [4] http://openglam.okfnpad.org/openheritagemetrics

I've been a bit quiet about the actions I've promised to lead (I was moving to another city right after OKfest). But now I can tell you a bit about how I will proceed with gathering evidence based figures and developing metrics to measure the success of open initiatives in the cultural heritage sector.

First I will process all the comment I've gotten in the pad, thank you all so much for your contributions! Then I will convert the list of questions to a spreadsheet format (as on of the contributors suggested in the pad). I will keep you posted on this process and will ask for your feedback again at a later stage.

In the meantime I would like to invite you all to keep contributing potential projects and initiatives to analyze (preferably If you are connected in a way that will increase the likelihood that we can actually convince them to make public the required information and numbers) to the above mentioned pad.

In the Netherlands we will also organize a workshop in mid October with cultural heritage professionals from the Open Cultuur Data network at an upcoming hackathon to further refine the model and get some people to sign up to actually measuring their projects/initiatives and making these figures public.

Looking forward to your input and responses!

Best,

Maarten