[open-heritage] Contemporary Artists CC outreach project

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Tue Sep 25 15:49:07 UTC 2012

On 09/23/2012 08:28 PM, Sarah Stierch wrote:

> For me, and I believe for artists and museum professionals, having a
> hard copy is more important than having a document on one's computer or
> online.

Yes booklets work well at events and as reminders as well as reaching
out to people who make physical work.

I have old a-n and Wikimedia booklets in my studio...

> Or do we just keep it:
>
> CC BY A
> CC BY SA
> Public Domain

I'd recommend that.

Do consider using CC0 rather than Public Domain. CC0 is legally sounder,
and has the effects that people intend with public domain dedications.

The FAL is now a very sound licence, but it's not used as much as BY-SA
and is incompatible with that larger pool of work. Given this, I
wouldn't currently recommend promoting it.

- Rob.