[open-heritage] Wiki page now exists Re: Contemporary Artists CC outreach project

Sarah Stierch sstierch at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 28 23:02:49 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I have drafted a wiki page for this discussion, so please participate there:

http://wiki.okfn.org/Contemporary_art

It's a bit easier to organize, etc, for me, then the pirate pad was
becoming.

I have also moved some discussion content to the talk page. EDIT away!

-Sarah

On 9/25/12 8:49 AM, Rob Myers wrote:
> On 09/23/2012 08:28 PM, Sarah Stierch wrote:
>>
>> For me, and I believe for artists and museum professionals, having a
>> hard copy is more important than having a document on one's computer or
>> online.
>
> Yes booklets work well at events and as reminders as well as reaching
> out to people who make physical work.
>
> I have old a-n and Wikimedia booklets in my studio...
>
>> Or do we just keep it:
>>
>> CC BY A
>> CC BY SA
>> Public Domain
>
> I'd recommend that.
>
> Do consider using CC0 rather than Public Domain. CC0 is legally
> sounder, and has the effects that people intend with public domain
> dedications.
>
> The FAL is now a very sound licence, but it's not used as much as
> BY-SA and is incompatible with that larger pool of work. Given this, I
> wouldn't currently recommend promoting it.
>
> - Rob.

*Sarah Stierch*
*/Wikimedia Foundation Community Fellow/*
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/><<