[OpenGLAM] Welcome US Launch Attendees

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at okfn.org
Wed Apr 3 19:58:04 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

About two weeks ago we hosted over 20 GLAM professionals at the
University of California, Berkeley for a US OpenGLAM Launch. This event
focused on professional development, and was specifically for GLAM
professionals who have expressed interest in, or are already involved
in, OpenGLAM. The event was great, and I'd love you to welcome our
colleagues from the *National Archives and Records Administration,
Smithsonian American Art Museum, University of Colorado Libraries, OCLC
Research, Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum, Getty Research
Institute, Folger Shakespeare Library, University of Colorado Boulder*,
*Cincinnati Museum Center and National Underground Railroad Freedom
Center, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Historypin/LODLAM, 1000Museums,
University of Washington, *and the *Computer History Museum*.

The event was amazing and everyone left declaring themselves the "first
class" of GLAMbassadors for the US. You can read a blog about it,
written by Ed Rodley of the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, on our OpenGLAM
blog:

http://openglam.org/2013/04/02/notes-from-the-1st-us-openglam-workshop/

Welcome everyone - say hello and GLAM on!

-Sarah

--
Sarah Stierch
US OpenGLAM Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation