[OpenGLAM] Culture Hack Aberdeen 4th / 5th May

Naomi Lillie naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Wed Apr 17 12:40:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

If anyone is in Aberdeen next month, or would like to be, please see
details below:

---
*City of Culture Hackathon*

We are hosting a Cultural Hackathon at Seventeen over the first weekend in
May.

The hackathon will see computer programmers brought together with artists,
musicians, designers and writers in a competition to create something
around one of the key themes of the UK City of Culture bid.

We will release full details of our themes on the day of the bid submission.

We have no idea what will be created.  Previous hackathons have resulted in
new apps, new software and new ways of doing things on the web.

This is the first cultural hackathon we’ve had in Aberdeen and we’re
looking for some creative people willing to spend a weekend in Seventeen
experimenting away.

We’ll provide refreshments, internet access and some top class prizes.

Programmers, writers, poets, designers or artists who might be interested
in working on the hackathon should contact us at 2017 at aberdeencity.gov.uk.

Thanks

Ian Watt
---