[OpenGLAM] Edward Curtis photos of Cecil B. DeMille's Ten Commandments (1923)

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 00:55:52 UTC 2013

This photos are remarkable. I'll stop bombarding everyone, but....I finally
transferred them over to Wikimedia Commons. Edward Curtis (who is one of my
academic obsessions) is known for his often staged photos of Native
Americans, which are beautiful despite their often false accuracy. These
photos, stills from the film and sets, are mind blowing.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:The_Ten_Commandments_(1923_film)

Actors doing what they do best. Every emotion in one shot:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PC-RM-Curtis_416.jpg

Enjoy. Not high res, but compliments of the California Historical Society's
Flickr.

-Sarah

*Sarah Stierch*
*Museumist, open culture advocate, and Wikimedian*
*www.sarahstierch.com*