[OpenGLAM] EPUB examples in the GLAM community?

Sebastiaan ter Burg terburg at wikimedia.nl
Thu Sep 5 15:05:27 UTC 2013

I've been involved with the publication of a book in three formats: as a
full website, PDF's and Epub. The biggest problem we ran into was that it
was decided to make an Epub version after the book was layed out in the PDF
format. To use a conversion program we had to remove every manual line and
page break and we ran into numerous problems with the conversion of the
images. Some images ended up inverted (like a photonegative). In the end we
decided to take out the images in the Epub version. This is the
book/website (all in dutch): http://www.bestemminggewijzigd.nl

Best,

Sebastiaan

2013/9/4 Molly O'Toole <mollyotoole at me.com>

> If you don't have any luck with anyone here, you may want to check out
> jane freedman's site http://janefriedman.com/, she could be helpful.
>

> On Sep 4, 2013, at 12:10 PM, C MacDonald <corina at corinamacdonald.net>
> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone on this list has been involved in ebook publishing
> in their institution using the EPUB format. For example, has anyone used
> EPUB to publish an exhibition catalogue?
>
> If so I'd love to interview you about your experience using this format.
>
> I'm putting together some resources for a small toolkit for arts
> publishers related to open access, creative commons licensing and the use
> of open formats in digital publishing.
>
> This toolkit will appear online on the Artexte website later this fall,
> and is part of our work to promote knowledge of 'openglam' topics to the
> Canadian arts publishing community. It's related to our e-artexte project,
> an open access repository for visual arts publications.
>
> For more info see http://artexte.ca and http://e-artexte.ca
>
> Thanks,
>
> Corina
>

> --
> data > information > design
> www.corinamacdonald.net

Sebastiaan ter Burg
*Projectleider Culturele Samenwerking*

tel. 0648088615

*Postadres*:                        * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                      Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht               Utrecht