[OpenGLAM] content trafficking

Maarten Brinkerink mbrinkerink at beeldengeluid.nl
Tue Sep 10 15:14:14 UTC 2013

Dear all,

In my view it would make a distinction between two types of behavior:

1. Institutions putting restrictions on the access and reuse of their PD works.
2. Institutions reusing their PD works themselves in manners that add value and/or provide a service (and charging people for that service).

I may be overlooking some nuances, but as long as the institutions isn't involved with behavior 1, I personally have no problem with behavior 2. Quite the opposite actually. As long as other third parties are able to do the same.

Best,

Maarten

Op 9 sep. 2013, om 22:31 heeft Bettina Cousineau <bdcousineau at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: