[OpenGLAM] Content Trafficking v.3

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu Sep 12 08:16:41 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Interesting discussion and Bettina do share what you have collated of this
discussion.

With respect to the badges point, I think it's a good idea. In the process
of listing the Open Collections <http://openglam.org/open-collections/> on
OpenGLAM I've often suggested that the host institutions use the existing "Open
Content" badges <http://openglam.org/open-collections/>.

It would be really interesting too to look at creating a process for
awarding institutions that do open their collections and uphold the OpenGLAM
principles <http://openglam.org/principles/>, although at present this
wouldn't be a badge we'd see on the websites too often.

Cheers
Sam

On 12 September 2013 06:35, Maarten Brinkerink <mbrinkerink at beeldengeluid.nl
> wrote:

> Still love that idea...
>
> Sent from my mobile phone
>
> Op 11 sep. 2013 om 23:33 heeft Sarah Stierch <sstierch at wikimedia.org> het
> volgende geschreven:
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Jon Voss <jon.voss at wearewhatwedo.org>wrote:
>

>> I second that!  Another example we've been thinking about at Historypin
>> is having special badges and searches for openly licensed or PD content.
>>  We want to find ways to educate and reward sharing of open content, and
>> also underline business reasons for institutions to do that.
>>

> Yes, that was an idea we came up at the first GLAMcamp in New York City in
> 2011 - having badges for GLAMs to put on their website expressing different
> OpenGLAM (well..that event took place before "OpenGLAM" existed) models.
> "This badge means you've opened all your PD content for the world to open
> for free," "This institution has partnered with Wikipedia"
>
> I know a lot of us still love love love the idea of badges for
> institutions! Show off your OpenGLAM awesomess :)
>
> Sarah
>
> --
> *Sarah Stierch**
> Wikimedia Foundation Program Evaluation & Design Community Coordinator
> *Donate<http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Donate/en&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=&language=en&uselang=en&country=US&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D1%26ved%3D0CDMQFjAA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fdonate.wikipedia.org%252F%26ei%3DYpsET93HN6isiQLIoJjSDg%26usg%3DAFQjCNG-7hzT9rkEvAjlNqBIOQ1ZDIpdYA>today and keep it free!
>
> Visit me on Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>!

*

Sam Leon

Project Manager  | skype: samedleon  |  @Noel_Mas<https://twitter.com/noel_mas>