[OpenGLAM] Launch of the Public Domain Calculator in France

Primavera De Filippi pdefilippi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 12:11:15 UTC 2014

The French public domain calculator is, indeed, mainly based on the
previous work done by the OKF (http://publicdomain.okfn.org/calculators)
and the national copyright flowcharts developed by Europeana
IViR/Kennisland at http://outofcopyright.eu/media.html
We designed the code so that it is country-neutral, i.e. in order to make
it work on another jurisdiction, it suffices to load a different flowchart
(only minor edits are required to the Europeana flowcharts to make them
comply with the pdcalculators format).
Now that we have are somewhat working version of the French calculators
(we're still working on fixing some bugs.. :), we are planning to turn it
into an international project..
The pre-alpha release of the international Public Domain Calculators is
available here: http://publicdomainworks.net/ (although obviously we only
have the French jurisdiction for now..  ;) More details on the underlying
implementation are available here:
http://publicdomain.okfn.org/calculators/code
Let me know if you're interested in helping out !
Cheers,
Primavera