[OpenGLAM] Getty releases Art and Architecture Thesaurus as Linked Open Data

Tom Johnson johnson.tom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 23:10:13 UTC 2014

This release back in January was a big day for me.  Oregon State University
and the University of Oregon had been using the AAT URIs in our Hydra-based
Oregon Digital system for a little while, and having them respond with real
data was a big win.  We got to show the results off right away, since this
happened during Hydra's annual conference/partners meeting.

Thanks for this, David.  I can't wait to get my hands on the other Getty
vocabs.

Also, I'm curious what is the Linked Data front-end behind
http://vocab.getty.edu/ ?  It's pretty sharp.

--
Tom Johnson
Digital Applications Librarian

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:03 PM, David Farneth <DFarneth at getty.edu> wrote:

> This announcement might be of interest to some on this list.
>
> Today the Getty released the Art and Architecture Thesaurus as Linked Open
> Data.  The three other Getty vocabularies will follow at 6-month intervals.
>  There is a lot of documentation available on the website.
>

> http://blogs.getty.edu/iris/art-architecture-thesaurus-now-available-as-linked-open-data/
>

> David Farneth

-Tom Johnson