[OpenGLAM] FW: Wellcome

Lars Lundqvist lars.lundqvist at raa.se
Wed Jan 22 07:06:30 UTC 2014

Isn't this issue to important to let legal people handle it? ;)

On 21/01/14 04:58 AM, Paul Keller wrote:
> i have heard this a number of times, but i have also heard a number op people disputing this. Now i am not really familiar with UK law (and how 19th century court cases influence things like copyright) but it would really great if someone give a fuller explanation
> of why there is copyright in these reproductions (or point us to one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_of_the_brow#UK_copyright_law

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reuse_of_PD-Art_photographs#United_Kingdom_.2F_UK

I believe this principle is untried with faithful reproductions of
public domain paintings in the UK.

I would dearly like it to be, with a competent legal team opposing it.

- Rob.