[OpenGLAM] FW: [MCN-L] Different Copyrights / Different Image Resolutions

Edson, Michael EDSONM at si.edu
Wed Mar 12 15:11:31 UTC 2014

Cross-post from the Museum Computer Network listserv.

Kate Blanch of the Walters (cc'd on this message) asks a good question
about practices regarding licensing and © for the same source file
provided to users at different resolutions.

(I strongly feel that the Open Glam Principles should provide guidance and
leadership on this issue, e.g., we should discourage the practice of
giving away the low-resolution/low-quality files and enclosing
bigger/better ones. I'm happy to digress on why, ad nauseam ;)