[OpenGLAM] OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey - Please provide feedback!

Estermann Beat beat.estermann at bfh.ch
Mon Mar 24 17:37:25 UTC 2014

Dear all,

The OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey [1] is an online survey that will be conducted among heritage institutions throughout the world in the second half of 2014.
It mainly focuses on issues related to open data and crowdsourcing among heritage institutions and is carried out in a collaborative effort of national chapters of the Open Knowledge Foundation, by Wikimedia chapters, NGOs, heritage institutions, and research institutions.

We are presently developing the questionnaire and warmly invite you to provide feedback by commenting on the first draft version (by 21 April 2014 = Easter Monday): https://docs.google.com/document/d/15edPqCz5G9AhuP6bi8ib7I3KveZ6T2IaDtSnH8cKu3w/edit

You will find more information related to the development of the questionnaire on the Wiki [2]. Please contact me if you would like to get involved more closely, e.g. by participating in the online meetings where we discuss the different issues addressed in your comments.

The survey is organized in a federative manner. It is thus possible to join one of the national teams or to initiate your own if none exists yet in your country [3]. If you are interested, you can get in touch directly with the national coordinator or send me an e-mail.

And last, but not least, we are preparing a proposal for a COST Action [4] focusing on open data and crowdsourcing among heritage institutions. COST Actions are networks centered around nationally funded research projects in fields that are of interest to at least five COST countries. COST Actions are active through a range of networking tools, such as meetings, workshops, conferences, training schools, short-term scientific missions (STSMs) and dissemination activities. Cost Actions last for four years and are open to researchers from universities, public and private research institutions, as well as to NGOs, industry and SMEs. - If you are interested in joining the effort, please get in touch with me. The submission takes place in a two-stage process; the first deadline is on 28 March 2014.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Beat Estermann
Coordinator of the OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey

Links:
[1] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/OpenGLAM_Benchmark_Survey
[2] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/OpenGLAM_Benchmark_Survey/Questionnaire
[3] https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/OpenGLAM_Benchmark_Survey/Participating_countries