[OpenGLAM] License migration to CC licenses for Indic language scholarly publications

Subhashish Panigrahi psubhashish at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:05:00 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am probably a more silent reader rather than active contributor to the
lists. So hi to all of you and I also hope I shall be able to contribute
more in group discussions now on.

Fortunately more Indian language authors are agreeing to migrate their
copyrighted books under Creative Commons licenses even the printed
publication industry is shrinking for many languages. I have written a blog
on Opensource.com about the license migration from "All Rights Reserved" to
"Some Rights Reserved" (CC licenses) and bringing more open access to
scholarly publications.

http://opensource.com/education/14/5/odia-wikimedia

Thanks,
Subhashish Panigrahi