[OpenGLAM] CC0 metadata from American art museums [was: Minneapolis Institute of Arts release metadata CC0]

Lieke Ploeger lieke.ploeger at okfn.org
Tue Oct 21 09:39:13 UTC 2014

I agree, great choice!

If you like, we could feature a blog on this on the OpenGLAM website as
well, as it is valuable to show how different kinds of institutions are
opening up their data, as examples to others. Just let me know in case you
would be interested in this!

Best, Lieke

On 20 October 2014 22:32, Adrianne Russell <russelladrianne at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is fantastic. Glad to see small museums leading the charge!
>
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Rob Lancefield on lists <
> lists at lancefield.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sarah and all,
>>
>> I can guess why it passed by you: we never really announced it! It's been
>> in kind of a soft-launch mode until, well, today. This OpenGLAM thread
>> seemed like a good place to start spreading word more actively.
>>
>> I should also mention that while our policies have been in place for a
>> while now, much of our implementation of DAC Collection Search and LIDO
>> metadata will remain in iterative public beta for some time; so if and as
>> anyone here tries them out and bumps into any issues, please do let me know
>> offlist (rlancefield[at]wesleyan.edu). I'm always grateful to learn
>> about things I need to add to my to-fix lists for both resources.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Rob
>>
>> Rob Lancefield
>> Manager of Museum Information Services / Registrar of Collections
>> Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University
>> 301 High Street, Middletown CT 06459-0487 USA
>> rlancefield [at] wesleyan [dot] edu  |  tel. 860.685.2965
>>
>> On 10/20/14 2:29 PM, Sarah Stierch wrote:
>>
>>> Awesome! Great to hear - not sure how this passed by me and I am sorry I
>>> did not know thank you for sharing this!
>>>
>>> Sarah
>>>
>>> On Oct 20, 2014 10:09 AM, "Rob Lancefield on lists"
>>> <lists at lancefield.net <mailto:lists at lancefield.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi Sarah and all,
>>>
>>>     As a small-museum example, metadata from the Davison Art Center at
>>>     Wesleyan University has been CC0 since 10/2/2013. The DAC collection
>>>     consists chiefly of 18,000 prints and 6,000 photographs, with
>>>     strongest holdings in European and American prints. So, hey: CC0
>>>     "back" in 2013 from a U.S. art museum, albeit a tiny one nested
>>>     within a university. ...

Lieke Ploeger

Community Manager  | skype: laploeger  |  @liekeploeger
<https://twitter.com/liekeploeger>