[OpenGLAM] CC0 metadata from American art museums [was: Minneapolis Institute of Arts release metadata CC0]

Delmas-Glass, Emmanuelle emmanuelle.delmas-glass at yale.edu
Wed Oct 22 13:59:20 UTC 2014

Hi Sarah,

The Yale Center for British Art (2,200 paintings, 200 sculptures, 50,000 works on paper, 35,000 rare books & manuscripts, and 30,000 reference library and archive materials) is another example of museums releasing their metadata for global dissemination.

While we have not specified a particular license, the Center is committed to Open Access and has been making its collection information available since 2013 as well.

This is the page describing how we are using technology to advance the study of our collections by allowing unrestricted access to our entire holdings online to as broad a public as possible: http://britishart.yale.edu/collections/using-collections/online-collections.

Our metadata is available as LIDO XML and CIDOC-CRM RDF individual files (at the end of each record) or as the entire collection data set from our OAI-PMH data provider: http://britishart.yale.edu/collections/using-collections/technology/harvest-xml-data and from our SPARQL endpoint: http://britishart.yale.edu/collections/using-collections/technology/linked-open-data

Best,

Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle Delmas-Glass
Collections Data Manager
Collections Information & Access Department
Yale Center for British Art
http://britishart.yale.edu
203-410-4069