[OpenGLAM] British Library Labs awards for digital content reuse!

Ben O'Steen bosteen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:49:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

This year, on top of our annual British Library (BL) Labs competition'*, we
are putting out a call for any creative, research-led and/or
entrepreneurial use of the (digital) public domain content we've released!
We want to celebrate the work people have been doing!

Details:
http://labs.bl.uk/British+Library+Labs+Awards+2015

In short, we really want to hear from people who have used this content -
whether you've grabbed images to use as background images in presentations,
curated cat pictures for printed objects to sell on object Folksy or
Society6, created image or text mining services, ran crowdsourcing games
with it, used it in class as teacher or student, helped curate BL content
on Wikipedia - we want to know!

You have until September to think about submitting so even if you have yet
to do anything, there is still time to create something awesome! There will
be 3 awards: Creative, Research and Entrepreneurship, with the key proviso
being that it has to use British Library digital content in some way. This
certainly doesn't stop you combining it with other sources, in fact, we'd
love to see this sort of work!

Please share! We also have something coming up this summer which will
celebrate creative reuse of content in a big way, so the sooner you contact
us, the better!

Ben O'Steen
(ben.osteen at bl.uk)

* Annual BL Labs research competition: