[OpenGLAM] Set art free - and the rest will follow!

Marttila Sanna-Maria sanna.marttila at aalto.fi
Fri May 29 05:18:42 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Today we will set art free! If you happen to be in Copenhagen join us in experiencing remixed artworks, playing around with interactive installations, remaking and animating masterpieces!

Europeana Creative [1] collaborates with Statens Museum for Kunst (SMK) in organising the SMK Fridays: Set Art Free!* event in May 29, 2015 at 4—10pm. http://www.smk.dk/en/visit-the-museum/calendar/begivenhed/aktivitet/smk-fridays-20/

At the event, we are sharing some highlights from the Europeana Creative pilots, and warmly welcome everyone to join the groove of culture jamming!

Some highlights from the program:

  *   In the Mix it up! exhibition [2] we present a pop-up exhibition. 13 designers and artists have created a range of new art works built upon copyright free pictures of art from SMK’s collections.

  *   In the Culture Cam [3] interactive installation you can engage with digitised artworks from Europeana and SMK, and play with various colours, shapes and patterns through visual similarity search.

  *   VanGoYourself [4] allows you to recreate a painting with your friends, which is then twinned with the original and shared on social media. At the event, we invite you to recreate and enact paintings from the SMK’s collection. The session is hosted by Culture24.

  *   During the day you can also join the animated GIF workshop and bring SMK’s paintings to life! Outcomes of the session will be presented in the museum during the SMK Fridays event. The session is hosted by Aalto University ARTS.

And much much more!

If you cannot make it - follow #smkfridays #setartfree #mixitup

Best wishes,

Sanna

---
Sanna Marttila

Aalto University // School of Arts, Design and Architecture
Open Knowledge Finland // AvoinGLAM // Hack4.fi<http://Hack4.fi>

*SMK Fridays is a monthly evening event that caters for a young urban audience. The art is always at the center of attention, but the SMK Fridays reflects the art through music, performances, talks and social experiences in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.

[1] The Europeana Creative project http://pro.europeana.eu/europeana-creative/
[2] The Mix it up! pop up exhibition http://www.smk.dk/en/visit-the-museum/calendar/exhibition-mix-it-up/
[3] Culture Cam http://culturecam.eu/
[4] VanGoYourself http://vangoyourself.com/