[OpenGLAM] 12 months of open access images at Te Papa: the report

Adrian Kingston AdrianK at tepapa.govt.nz
Thu Oct 15 23:02:19 UTC 2015

Hi all

A few weeks ago I asked if anyone who had  active open access image policies had any data they could share to aid our analysis of the first year of Te Papa's download project, for a Museums and the Web Asia paper and presentation. I received a few replies with some helpful data, and lots of requests to share our findings, so that's what I'm doing today.

I didn't get some of the data in time to inform my formal paper, but Cherie Chen from the Getty gave me some really useful info on the Getty statistics (quite a different scale from Te Papa) and other insights. Thanks Cherie!

The formal paper is here. It's a long read (8000 words) but I hope there's some useful info in there. http://bit.ly/TPopenaccess (there are a few formatting issues, sorry).

I did receive some really useful data from Rob Lancefield, Davison Art Center at Wesleyan University, and Martin Fell , York Museums Trust, in time to include in my presentation, so again, thanks Martin and Rob!

The presentation slides are here http://bit.ly/TPopenaccessSlides. It was only a 30 minute slot, so it's obviously a much abbreviated version of the paper. (I think the video will appear via MWA at some stage).

If you have any questions feel free to yell out.

Adrian Kingston
Digital Collections Senior Analyst
Collections Information Services
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa

Visit the Te Papa website http://www.tepapa.govt.nz
The email message together with the accompanying attachments may be
CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this message in error, please notify
http://www.tepapa.govt.nz/onlineforms/enquiryform.aspx immediately and
delete the original message. The views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be views of Te Papa. Te Papa employs strict virus
checking measures and accepts no liability for any loss caused either
directly or indirectly by a virus arising from the use of this message
or any attached file.

This email has been filtered by SMX.
For more information visit http://smxemail.com