[OpenGLAM] update on the principles + community call

scann scannopolis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 13:55:26 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

For those of us who couldn't join us yesterday (and sorry about the time
confusion -- for whatever reason some got it correctly!), there are some
updates here around the discussion that we had and paths forwards for the
update of the "OpenGLAM Principles":
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y-ooRioOKMgLJo5s9IB-kDmmq5ZXUsiAPGRBzMMJ6KM/edit#

We haven't yet shared the Medium post with the results of the survey we
conducted around the OpenGLAM principles, but here you can see a draft
post, that will likely be the one that we'll end up sharing:
https://medium.com/@sandrafauconnier/4227b21a9232. Remember you can see the
first draft of the new update on the Principles here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16tcyayOAAt-rJo4sPp7nQINZZ4DYiz5heI_PpRvtcL8/edit#

The most important decision achieved yesterday was around timeline and
deadlines. For those of you interested, our tentative timelines / deadlines
look like the following:

May 5: FIRST DRAFT done, incorporating all the comments, feedback and
discussion so far.
May 9-11: We'll discuss some strategies and paths forward for the
declaration / principles at CC Summit taking place in Lisbon, where several
of the people in this list will be participating.
May 16: OpenGLAM Community call.
May-January: open for comments and feedback. Comments and feedback will be
incorporated on a monthly basis, a week before our community calls.
(Possibly) launching them on February 14, in commemoration of the launch of
the Budapest Initiative!

In the meanwhile, we're also identifying major GLAM - Open conferences and
venues where we could have discussions around the principles, alongside
with other strategies. If you can't attend the calls but are interested in
participating in some way, please either comment on the document or reach
out!

cheers,
scann
cc open glam community platform