[OpenGLAM] changes in the mailing list

Sandra Fauconnier sfauconnier at wikimedia.org
Tue Dec 17 08:49:30 UTC 2019

Hi all!

Apologies for the late reply.

I have created a Phabricator task asking for the migration of the archives!
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T240929 - feel free to add comments.

The GLAM list on lists.wikimedia.org (
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/glam) is specifically about
GLAM-Wiki collaborations, and I think it'll be odd and perhaps even a bit
disruptive for some subscribers if we suddenly merge it with a list with
broader focus beyond Wikimedia. So I would not merge them. However, a note
to the GLAM mailing list about the new hosting of the OpenGLAM one may be
nice!

The cultural-partners mailing list has indeed been very dormant for a while.

Cheers, Sandra

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 8:47 PM Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> scann, 27/11/19 21:33:
> > Do you know how to do this? I can give you rights but I don't have a clue
> > on how to do it:)
>
> It cannot be done from the web interface, you need to ask the mailman
> admin at
> <
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/?projects=Wikimedia-Mailing-lists>.
>
> I can send them the mbox privately when they tell you whom to.
>

> >> Note that there's also the
> >> <https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/glam>  list, it would be
> >> useful to clarify the difference on the description.
> >>
> > Ah, this is interesting. I recall that at some point Wikimedia used to
> have
> > the cultural-partners list too, but I think it's dormant. Maybe we want
> > avoid reduplication of lists. I'll check in with Alex & Sandra --maybe it
> > makes sense to repurpose that list and add everyone directly to that one?
>
> The glam list is quite open so I don't expect opposition.
>
> The cultural-partners list still exists but cannot receive or send mail
> since a mailserver migration some months ago. For some reason WMCH
> refuses to announce it publicly.
>
> Federico

Sandra Fauconnier (she/her)
Program Officer, GLAM and Structured Data, Wikimedia Foundation
Twitter: @glamwiki

How Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums work with Wikimedia
communities: https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM