[open-government] UK Government transparency update (and democracy?)

Roy Peled roypeled at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 21:19:19 UTC 2010

I realize some people are in it for the business benefits it might generate,
but I give them the credit of realizing its democratic implications. That's
why I am less alarmed. As I said, it might not be their *main* concern, but
I see not how it contradicts. They might not be the ones pushing for more
meaningful post-release obligations, visualization, education, etc... but
not everybody has to do everything. The question is would they damage the
open-data efforts somehow. I can see how that can happen, but think it is
highly unlikely. It would just be too transparent...