[open-government] Literature on open government data

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 11:04:51 UTC 2010

Hey Toni, Josh

Zotero seems like a good way to capture articles and then feed them into the
Open Gov Data site (possible to get feeds / data out of a Zotero group quite
easily & for users it makes it really easy to clip literature from the web
as and when it's found rather than needing to go and edit a wiki) - either
in place or or alongside a manual bibliography...

Toni: I've just joined the Zotero group - and happy to add in some of the
relevant articles I've got collected if you want (I think I need edit privs
granted for that...)

All the best

Tim

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer at govtrack.us>wrote:

> On 06/15/2010 06:36 AM, Toni Prug wrote:
> >> I wonder whether we should start a mini-project to collate information
> >> about open government data related publications?
> >
> > Jonathan, i created a Zotero group that we can share to do this:
> > http://www.zotero.org/groups/opengov
> > Library: http://www.zotero.org/groups/opengov/item
> >
> > I added five documents from this list to start with. We can go through
> > archives and add the rest.
> >
> > Josh, if you use Zotero, we could add your web page list to the group
> > and manage it there collectively in future.
>
> That was basically the idea of wiki.opengovdata.org 2.5 years ago but then
> no one edited it after the first week. I'll gladly give edit privs on (the
> new) opengovdata.org though if anyone wants to help me build that out.
>

> - Josh Tauberer
> - CivicImpulse / GovTrack.us
>
> http://razor.occams.info | www.govtrack.us | civicimpulse.com
>
> "Members of both sides are reminded not to use guests of the
> House as props."
>
> On 06/15/2010 06:36 AM, Toni Prug wrote:
>
>> I wonder whether we should start a mini-project to collate information
>>> about open government data related publications?
>>>

>> Jonathan, i created a Zotero group that we can share to do this:
>> http://www.zotero.org/groups/opengov
>> Library: http://www.zotero.org/groups/opengov/item
>>
>> I added five documents from this list to start with. We can go through
>> archives and add the rest.
>>
>> Josh, if you use Zotero, we could add your web page list to the group
>> and manage it there collectively in future.
>>
>> toni
>> ----
>> http://hackthestate.org

http://www.timdavies.org.uk