[open-government] [DW-X] Antw: Fwd: Survey: Open data in the governmental agenda of your country?

Evika Karamagioli evika at gov2u.org
Fri Jun 25 11:08:28 UTC 2010

Open government initiatives are considered as a cornestone of the new governemntal strategy in an effort to promote tranparency and  accountability in national politics.
Therefore since october 2009 it is initiated the online consultation of all new  legislation in preparatory stages.
 From 6 /10/ 2009 until 21 /4 2010  opengov.gr  had 2.999.101 unique visitors. More than 40.711 commnets were relized on the legislative  work of 14 ministries.Furthemore another initiative has to do with the National Stability and Development Program
Monitoring the implementation of the Stability and Development Program
The Stability and Development Program (SDP) is submitted in the context of extremely unfavorable financial circumstances. Politics encounters a triple challenge: (a) the consolidation of the country’s public finances through effective structural measures aiming at the reduction of the budget’s deficit and the public debt’s ratio to GDP ratio; (b) the achievement of the appropriate conditions in order to accomplish positive development by the end of 2010; and (c) the strengthening of the financial competitiveness in long term.
The Deputy Prime Minister with/under the Prime Minister’s order is responsible to monitor the implementation of the Stability and Development Program.
The monitoring of the implementation of the reforms included in the Stability and Development Program is conducted regularly by the office of the Deputy Prime Minister with the operation of the Action Monitoring System of the Stability and Development Program.
The implementation of the reforms included in the Stability and Development Program is monitored on a regular basis by the office of the Deputy Prime Minister with the operation of the Action Monitoring System of the Stability and Development Program.
The promoted reforms are encoded in a certain/specific schedule followed by the Ministries in the context of the Stability and Development Program implementation. This schedule is the Annex D “Timetable of the Reform Programme” of the Stability and Development Program.
The monitoring system is based on an online application accessible by the Ministry’s partners, who provide data to the system. Each Ministry sends periodically the state of each action via a specific online process. The data is collected by the system and after a formal control process regarding their correctness, it is integrated into the system. There is a continuous (online) access of all Ministries to the actions state table, so that the political members/ politicians are up to date regarding the latest information about the actions’ state. Moreover, all the members of the Prime Minister’s office, the Deputy Prime Minister’s office, the office of the Minister of Finance and the members of Financial Experts Body can have continuous online access.
Every 15 days is elaborated a Sustainability and Development Program implementation report, which is the snapshot of the actions’ state at the specific moment. This report is notified by the Deputy Prime Minister and the Ministers to the Prime Minister and it is published on the Internet, the website of the Deputy Prime Minister’s office, http://antiproedros.gov.gr.
The report depicts the actions of the Stability and Development Program and the responsible Ministry, the Timetable, the Action’s State, the State’s Details for each action, as well as the relevant decisions or laws. The report shows the status of actions to indicate that they are either about to get started, implemented,  on schedule, or behind schedule.

Evika Karamagioli

evika at gov2u.org

Α: Anavriton 20, Marousi 15124, Athens, Greece

T: +30-210-6121340

F: +30-210-6121332

www.gov2u.org