[open-government] Rennes meeting Opening Up Local Data 29th November 2010

Pauline Pollard paulineathene at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 13:19:38 UTC 2010

All are invited to our Opening up Local Data meeting on 29th November 2010
in Rennes, France. We think this is a great opportunity for those interested
in local and regional data to share stories and knowledge across Europe.  We
hope in France this will become an annual event that may be copied across
Europe.

The first session highlights flagship initiatives in opening up local data
both from the metropolitan regions of Rennes and Manchester and is followed
by a flash session of innovative projects on data re-use. In the second
session the focus is on re-using local public data with examples from
Barcelona, Helsinki and Slowinski National Park in Poland. The morning
session will conclude with a presentation from Andrej Osterman for the
European Commission and from Rob Davies for ePSIplatform.

The afternoon offers six themed workshops on designing new public services,
data co-production, transparency of data and democracy, developing European
licensing, enlarging the re-user community and a discussion of foresight
scenarios looking into the future at the impact of opening up local data. A
presentation from Daniel Kaplan, for FING, will conclude the meeting.

The question we are asking is: could this meeting provide a springboard for
a regular annual event on local initiatives in France and act as a model to
be followed across the EU? We look forward to your participating in this
event and would welcome messages of support telling us what you are doing in
your local area.

To register for the event and to see the full agenda please go to:
http://bit.ly/cZ2zZ0

Pauline Pollard

ePSIplatform analyst