[open-government] International Hackhaton - Communications and GTD

Pedro Markun pedro at esfera.mobi
Thu Nov 4 19:34:29 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

We've been busy planning and get some things working for the Hackhaton in
Brazil!

I've followed the discussion on the hashtag and we'll be using #odhd from
now own both on twitter and on tagging posts, flickr, etc.

But I think we should think through some other small communications
'framework' so we can sync things worldwide?

My suggestions:

   - Set up an #odhd irc channel on Freenode.
   - One etherpad per country/'instance of event' for the actual document
   coverage of the event
   - Set up one wiki space for getting this actual info out? okfn has a wiki
   space we can use

We also have an small document on 'how to (not) run a transparency hackday'
wich is loosely based (as in 'quite different') on
http://sunlightlabs.com/blog/2010/how-manage-large-volunteer-hackathons/ that
we will share in pt-br but could translate if there is interest...

I want to have a really straightforwad guide on how to get and event running
locally and what you need to do in order to be linked to the global
movement.

[]'s
Pedro Markun