[open-government] International Hackhaton - Communications and GTD

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Nov 8 15:40:14 UTC 2010

Hi Pedro,

Great to hear that you are planning things in Brazil!

FYI I just created a pad for a planning session on the hackathon at
the London camp (provisionally facilitated by David Eaves if he's
happy to do this!):

http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/hackdays

Answers to a few things inline below...

2010/11/4 Pedro Markun <pedro at esfera.mobi>:
> Set up an #odhd irc channel on Freenode.

If useful we can use OKF IRC channel, which is currently used for all
kinds of open data stuff. Details at:

http://okfn.org/contact/

We could also set up a dedicated #opendata channel. ;-)

> One etherpad per country/'instance of event' for the actual document

If useful I can set up opendataday.okfnpad.org and give folks admin
access to create new pages. Alternately anyone can set up as many pads
as they like on okfnpad.org already.

http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/City_Events

> We also have an small document on 'how to (not) run a transparency hackday'
> wich is loosely based (as in 'quite different')
> on http://sunlightlabs.com/blog/2010/how-manage-large-volunteer-hackathons/ that
> we will share in pt-br but could translate if there is interest...
> I want to have a really straightforwad guide on how to get and event running
> locally and what you need to do in order to be linked to the global
> movement.

Very interesting! Definitely would love to see more documentation
along these lines! Anyone know about any other relevant material?

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation