[open-government] International Hackhaton - Communications and GTD

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Tue Nov 9 07:53:45 UTC 2010

Hi Pedro, Jonathan and everyone,

A couple of thoughts:

1. Definitely happy to facilitate a session of International Open Data
Hackathons at Open Government Data Camp in London

2. Jonathan - if setting up an IRC channel is helpful (and it might be
on the day for sure) let's go ahead and do it. Let me know if/when it is
up and I'll add the info to the wiki and website

3. Rather than use etherpad for each "country/'instance of event'" I'd
like to recommend we use the wiki. It's a little more robust than the
etherpad

4. Pedro: If you have documents on how to (and how not to) run a
hackathon, any chance you can post them to the wiki? I even set a page
aside for just this type of material here:
http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/Running_a_Hackathon

Things in Vancouver have really taken shape so I'm quite excited. Think
we are more or less ready to go.

cheers,
dave