[open-government] Hackathon - Running a Hackathon notes

Sara Farmer sara.farmer at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 9 23:12:39 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've started some notes at
http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/Running_a_Hackathon

- it's mostly a list practical things to think about (I've been on teams
for crisiscamps, hackathons and barcamps over the last year) so we can
get the basic stuff started up front.

But... I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as heck could do with
some practical advice on how to get people engaged - Oxford are setting
a brilliant example of this, and it would be good to see some of their
people ideas captured somewhere.

And I've left a space free for good ideas from all over the wikisite.
With so many countries and cities joining in, there are bound to be some
great ideas coming up (I've already nicked several for the Birmingham
page :-) ).

Over to you now - I hope I've done the right thing here, but I didn't
see any other contributions to this page, and thought I could at least
start it off.

Thanks,

Sj.