[open-government] Defining Open Government Data?

Javier de la Cueva jdelacueva at derecho-internet.org
Sun Nov 14 22:17:07 UTC 2010

El 19/10/10 19:00, Jonathan Gray escribió:

[...]

> I envisage this as having two key components:
>
>   (i) legally open (as in opendefinition.org)
>   (ii) technically open (i.e. machine readable, available to download in bulk)

[...]

> Any input/comments would be very much appreciated! We'd ideally like
> something ready at or just before Open Government Data Camp in London!

Perhaps I lost something important in this thread but I am concerned
about another point: the content of the data. Even it is legally open,
technically open and socially open, its content can be something not
related at all with government.

I have been looking in detail Spanish Proyecto Aporta and Catalonian new
website and I can find things like links to search engines (which are to
be most of the 719 records of Proyecto Aporta) or homeopathy vocabulary
[1] in Gencat.

I wonder if some precision should be made in the definition about the
content of the data.

[1] http://dadesobertes.gencat.cat/ca/dades-obertes/dataset_000088.html

--
Bests,