[open-government] Terms of Use - Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 03:11:34 UTC 2010

Mita;

You can read about consultation on the TOU here (
http://traceyplauriault.ca/2010/07/21/changecamp-ottawa-2010-open-data-terms-of-use-session/
)

A report from CIPPIC (http://www.cippic.ca/) on the topic will imminently
appear on their website - stay tuned.

It is currently a restrictive MOU the report will clarify the issues and
provides some recommendations.  The G4 cities are working on this.

I recommend you bring the conversation into the civiaccess.ca (
http://lists.pwd.ca/mailman/listinfo/civicaccess-discuss) where there has
been much active discussion on this topic in the Canadian context.  You can
also look at the archive for tips and read this blog post (
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-not-open-data-so-stop-calling-it.html
).

You may want to suggest that the Windsor folks contact one of the G4 Open
Data cities and ask them the status of this report.  "McCaffrey, Sean" <
Sean.McCaffrey at ottawa.ca>, is the lead on this file.  The faster they move
on this file the better it will be for all new cities coming on board as
they will have I think a better ToU tool to work with if they adopt the
recommendations of the report.

Also, why load the data to the GeoCommons instead of just pointing to it?
Just curious?

Cheers
tracet