[open-government] Opendata hackathon update

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Sat Nov 13 19:23:13 UTC 2010

Hi Pedro - super simple! Two options for getting a new language of
opendataday up (anyone out there who wants a translation please feel free!)

Option 1. (The best)

I've attached a copy of the english version of the page. If you simply
want to go in an edit out the english and replace it with Portuguese,
that is probably the simplest.

Option 2.

Send me an email with all the text from the page. Where the english
version for each section is followed by the portuguese translation for
that section. For example, this is the text that Patrice Delorme sent me
for the French version...

Developers:
We need computer cowboys (and cowgirls) like yourself to wrangle data
into something useful. That means visualization, notification,
integration, etc., all in the name of doing something crazy and fantastic.
Programmeurs :
Nous avons besoin de cowboys (et cowgirls) de l'informatique tel que
vous pour transformer les données en quelque chose d'utile tel que de la
visualisation, de la notification, de l'intégration, etc... Dans le but
de réaliser quelque chose de fou et fantastique.

Designers
If you help out to make something snazzy, I will award you with a copy
of Photoshop that will never crash.* We need people like you to make the
rest of our work look amazing, feel intuitive, and have a smooth user
experience. You know the drill.
Graphistes
Nous avons besoin de gens tels que vous pour rendre notre travail
magnifique, intuitif et d'une utilisation agréable.