[open-government] Fwd: [ORG-law] UK foia reach on private government subcontractors

toby at law-democracy.org toby at law-democracy.org
Tue Nov 16 16:53:50 UTC 2010

I have the Polish law in English if anyone is interested (it's too big to
post to the list).

But it is not like the South African law. It applies to public bodies
exercising public functions and also trade unions and political parties
(presumably on the basis that they also exercise public-type functions).
There are a number of laws which add in certain categories of private
bodies on the theory that they are analogous to public bodies (eg Nepal
and Bangladesh both cover NGOs). But no other law that I am aware of that
covers 'all' private bodies (because even in South Africa this is
restricted to those carrying on businesses and juristic persons).

Toby

toby at law-democracy.org
Tel:  +1 902 431-3688
Fax: +1 902 431-3689